Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) is a web-based system for posting solicitations and other procurement-related documents to the Internet. FedBizOpps was designated by the Federal Acquisition Regulation as the mandatory "government wide" point of entry for the posting government business opportunities greater than $25,000.
FedBizOpps allows contract specialists to post synopses and other procurement documents, such as solicitations, amendments, and award notifications to a common index. This index, accessible on the FedBizOpps web site, allows vendors to search databases containing information from many federal agencies. Vendors may also subscribe to FedBizOpps to receive daily email notifications of requirements and procurement announcements sorted by selected organizations and product service classifications, or by solicitation number.
The Navigation across the top of the login page allows users access to the following features prior to being logged onto the system: General Information, News, Opportunities, Agencies/Offices Lists and Privacy Statement. Any user can search for opportunities using keywords or the advanced search engine without registering or they can register for an account(free of charge).
Why register in FedBizOpps?
The advantage of registering in FedBizOpps is:
- Vendors can set up "search agents" based on detailed search elements, which highlight newly added opportunities which align with their search criteria.
- Vendors can add opportunities to a "watch list" list (ala "favorites" list). This allows for ease in referencing targeted opportunities. Additionally, vendors receive updates about opportunities on their Watch List.
- Per the vendor's profile status, vendor can review documents associated with the opportunity (Technical Data Packages, Drawings).
NOTE - Before a vendor registers in the system, they will need a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number and be registered in SAM (System for Award Management). This system retrieves a firm's profile information directly from the SAM system.
- To get started, go to http://www.fbo.gov, scroll down to the Vendor block (green) and click on the "Register Now" navigation. This will open up a series of screens where the user enters registration data.
- "DUNS #" - Enter your company's 9 digit DUNS # and select "proceed".
- "Company Information" is pre-populated on the form based on the entered DUNS # and registrant is asked to update any required fields. If not found, user will be requested to enter data on form. Select "proceed" to move forward in the process.
- "Personal Information" - Registrant enters contact information, username and password. When registrant enters a desired password, for security purposes, the password must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between 8 and 14 characters
- Must contain 1 of each of the following:
- lower case letter
- upper case letter
- special character (e.g. !, %,^)
- Once required fields are entered, select "proceed and review".
- "Review/Submit" - Registrant is asked to review registration information. If everything is correct, click "submit" (at bottom of page). Otherwise, at the bottom of the page click "go back" to correct information on previous steps.
"Cancel" cancels the account registration.
"Submit" enters the registration.
Users receive an e-mail after submitting a registration which allows them to confirm the validity of their identity/email. Users should follow the directions in the e-mail. Users will not be able to logon to the system until they have complied with the requirements specified in the email.
For a complete vendor guide on how to use Fedbizopps Click Here - https://www.fbo.gov/downloads/FBO_Vendor_Guide.pdf