- This event has passed.
DOING BUSINESS WITH THE COMMONWEALTH
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Commonwealth of Virginia spends Billions of dollars on goods and services each year. Goods and services that you probably sell! Ask yourself, “Am I getting my share?” If your answer is “No”, then this free workshop is for you.
EVa, the Commonwealth’s electronic procurement portal, is one of the most powerful market research tools when selling to any state agency (including public colleges and universities). EVa can help you identify:
- How do I find solicitations to bid on?
- Which state agencies buy what I sell?
- How much do they pay for what I sell?
- Who are my competitors / potential collaborators?
- Which of my competitors are winning these bids?
- And more!
The Commonwealth has a set-aside program that encourages state agencies to purchase goods and services from small businesses like yours. At this workshop, you’ll learn about SWaM and Micro business certifications and how they can give you a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Now that you’ve done your market research and have the proper certifications,, it’s time to respond to solicitations? What’s the difference between a RFP, RFQ, IFB, QQ, SS, etc.? Learn the steps needed to successfully respond to a solicitation. Determine the amount of time you need to devote in order to make your response as competitive as possible.
If you plan to grow your business with the Commonwealth (remember Virginia spends Billions each year), you need to attend this “Selling to the Commonwealth” workshop!
On the Agenda:
- EVa – Identify Your Target Market
- How To Effectively Respond to Solicitations (Instructor - Joanne Tompkins, Crater PTAC)
- What Can SWaM and Micro Business Certifications Do For You?
- Buyers Roundtable
Location: Dan River Business Development Center
300 Ringgold Industrial Parkway
Danville, VA 24540
Date: September 11th
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
No fee. Advance registration is required.
- Scroll down to “Central/South”;
- Click the right arrow to advance to the next month;
- Scroll to “September 11 Doing Business With the Commonwealth”; access the page and scroll down to RSVP to register
If you have questions concerning this event or difficulty registering, you should contact Randy Brown at (804) 371-8258 or email@example.com.